mundada
11-08 12:56 PM
Hi everyone,
I am trying to reschedule my H1B appointment as my contact in mumbai failed to deliver the DS-156 and DS-157 to the consulate in time (5 business days prior). However, I can't book a new one till the old one is cancelled and the system won't let me cancel 5 business days or less before the current appointment. Does anyone know what to do? It must have happened to someone before? I really need to get back to the US in 10 days.
Thanks!!
It happened to my parents. They did not know that they had to drop the packet 5 days before the schedule date. While reading on the website, I found out that they need to drop the packet 5 days before. They then dropped the packet at the embassy 3 days before appointment day. On the appointment day, the visa officer rejected the application after asking one question "why you want to go to the USA?". The reason was a standard line -- not enough evidence that you will come back.
I am not sure about the reason of rejection but I think it has to do with not dropping the packet on time.
I am trying to reschedule my H1B appointment as my contact in mumbai failed to deliver the DS-156 and DS-157 to the consulate in time (5 business days prior). However, I can't book a new one till the old one is cancelled and the system won't let me cancel 5 business days or less before the current appointment. Does anyone know what to do? It must have happened to someone before? I really need to get back to the US in 10 days.
Thanks!!
It happened to my parents. They did not know that they had to drop the packet 5 days before the schedule date. While reading on the website, I found out that they need to drop the packet 5 days before. They then dropped the packet at the embassy 3 days before appointment day. On the appointment day, the visa officer rejected the application after asking one question "why you want to go to the USA?". The reason was a standard line -- not enough evidence that you will come back.
I am not sure about the reason of rejection but I think it has to do with not dropping the packet on time.
wallpaper Hair and Beauty Services

TomPlate
02-03 02:54 PM
I am going to travel to India.
I am in H1B and have valid Advanced Parole and expired EAD.
What are the documents needed for Advanced Parole in Port Of Entry. Also my lawyer is going to file the EAD this week.
1. 485 Receipt Notice.
2. Copy of 140 Approval Notice.
3. Employment Verification Letter.
Anything else? Please let me know.
I am in H1B and have valid Advanced Parole and expired EAD.
What are the documents needed for Advanced Parole in Port Of Entry. Also my lawyer is going to file the EAD this week.
1. 485 Receipt Notice.
2. Copy of 140 Approval Notice.
3. Employment Verification Letter.
Anything else? Please let me know.
like_watching_paint_dry
02-27 07:43 AM
Congrats!! And 6 months more of working for a bad employer is a small price to pay in the big picture. And there are lots of creative ways to kill 180 days. Cut your productivity and actively engage in finding a good job... take paternity vacations etc.
2011 Natural Tips for Shiny Hair
Happyday
08-06 01:47 PM
Bang on
more...
sintax321
09-04 03:32 PM
You are right that picture explains everything=)
senthil1
04-01 07:25 PM
If extension is denied it is better to leave asap especially within 30 days. More the delay more problem while applying any visa in Consulate in future.
Hi there, I'm new to the forum but really need legal advice.
I came to the US at the end of October and received a stay until the end of January. I'm staying here with my partner (of course I didn't say anything about that on the border). I tried to extend my visa but I was declined. I tried to call different lawyers and one of them just told me about the 180 days rule: since my extension is denied and I was told to leave the US within 30 days of the date of the decision (March 17th), I'm here illegally anyway and it won't really matter if I leave in 2 (like I'm supposed to) or 4 weeks as long as I won't hit the 180 days. Unfortunately she failed to mention what the 180 days apply to. Is it since the date of my arrival (in which case the 180 days have already passed) or is it since the expiration of my I94, the end of January? The problem is that neither me or my partner are ready to be separated again so soon and we want to do anything to buy us some time.
Also, I'm very sorry if somebody asked a similar question before...
I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you so much!
Hi there, I'm new to the forum but really need legal advice.
I came to the US at the end of October and received a stay until the end of January. I'm staying here with my partner (of course I didn't say anything about that on the border). I tried to extend my visa but I was declined. I tried to call different lawyers and one of them just told me about the 180 days rule: since my extension is denied and I was told to leave the US within 30 days of the date of the decision (March 17th), I'm here illegally anyway and it won't really matter if I leave in 2 (like I'm supposed to) or 4 weeks as long as I won't hit the 180 days. Unfortunately she failed to mention what the 180 days apply to. Is it since the date of my arrival (in which case the 180 days have already passed) or is it since the expiration of my I94, the end of January? The problem is that neither me or my partner are ready to be separated again so soon and we want to do anything to buy us some time.
Also, I'm very sorry if somebody asked a similar question before...
I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you so much!
more...
sushilup
08-22 11:02 AM
i APPLIED ON 7th July...
NO news
I applied for EAD renewal at TSC on June 24 with a pending EB3 I485 pending at NSC. I still have not got an approval for EAD renewal!
Is anyone else in the same boat got their EAD approved?
Did I send my application to the wrong service center, I live in North Carolina?
I know several other people that got their EAD renewal application approved at TSC and these people applied about a month later than me!!!
Please advise :confused:
NO news
I applied for EAD renewal at TSC on June 24 with a pending EB3 I485 pending at NSC. I still have not got an approval for EAD renewal!
Is anyone else in the same boat got their EAD approved?
Did I send my application to the wrong service center, I live in North Carolina?
I know several other people that got their EAD renewal application approved at TSC and these people applied about a month later than me!!!
Please advise :confused:
2010 The Works Hair And Beauty
petersebastian
04-02 01:09 PM
Get married to your partner.. its legal in states like CT, MA. Not sure if USCIS will consider it legal.
No, they will not. In fact, if I get married to him, they will deport me immediately.
Well guys thanks for your help...
And you're not the only one to tell me to stay here to get my gc. I was also advised to marry a woman just for the gc. The point is that I don't want to do anything illegal.
But I considered all those options. All I want to do right now is to stay with my partner just a little bit longer, I can't imagine putting an ocean between us again. I understand that I'm already in a difficult situation, and I will have a lot of explaining to do in the future when applying for a visa (since as I understand my current one is no longer valid), but I just want to get a ban. That's the only thing I'm afraid of.
No, they will not. In fact, if I get married to him, they will deport me immediately.
Well guys thanks for your help...
And you're not the only one to tell me to stay here to get my gc. I was also advised to marry a woman just for the gc. The point is that I don't want to do anything illegal.
But I considered all those options. All I want to do right now is to stay with my partner just a little bit longer, I can't imagine putting an ocean between us again. I understand that I'm already in a difficult situation, and I will have a lot of explaining to do in the future when applying for a visa (since as I understand my current one is no longer valid), but I just want to get a ban. That's the only thing I'm afraid of.
more...
Bpositive
03-26 10:06 AM
Great frequent flyer program...great service....and no transit visa bs....no brainer
heard very good things about qatar airlines too..haven't used it...
heard very good things about qatar airlines too..haven't used it...
hair Hair amp; Beauty Awards 2011
purgan
08-15 03:17 PM
congrats grupak. enjoy the freedom
Thanks for your contributions to IV.
Thanks for your contributions to IV.
more...
tammigaw
02-06 05:27 PM
Thanks a lot for heart warming response .
I greatly appreciate your comments .
Ask him to go to hell!!!
Pls go on and join wherever you like and tell him this is a free country like India.Go to a lawyer and sue him if he talks any further...Not to worry,my friend.
I greatly appreciate your comments .
Ask him to go to hell!!!
Pls go on and join wherever you like and tell him this is a free country like India.Go to a lawyer and sue him if he talks any further...Not to worry,my friend.
hot 5th Avenue - Hair and Beauty
backtoschool
12-29 08:09 AM
any idea on an INSEAD's MBA value when returning to the US to work? I know it holds in good stand in Europe and Asia...
Insead feeds the consulting world.(mainly). So, there is a value with consuting cos based in the US.
Nayar<<<<
I am surprised to hear that IIM-A PGDBA is worthless in the US
so, what are you doing in the US? did you get another MBA?
Insead feeds the consulting world.(mainly). So, there is a value with consuting cos based in the US.
Nayar<<<<
I am surprised to hear that IIM-A PGDBA is worthless in the US
so, what are you doing in the US? did you get another MBA?
more...
house our hair and eauty rooms.
bluekayal
08-20 02:24 PM
I've tried several times recently to check my status at TSC. Each time I get the same reply, " We do not do status checks any more. Please contact National Customer Service, and do a referral and open a Service Request."
I'd love to know how others are tackling this new obstacle!
I'd love to know how others are tackling this new obstacle!
tattoo Raw Hair and Beauty Salon
glus
05-31 09:00 AM
Guys,
Pappu just posted an important message here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=72997#post72997
Please read and contribute now, as it is a critical time for us.
Pappu just posted an important message here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=72997#post72997
Please read and contribute now, as it is a critical time for us.
more...
pictures Genesis Hair amp; Beauty Salon

piyu7444
05-06 03:05 AM
Folks,
I received a Transfer notice today for both me and my wife suggesting that our I-485 petitions have been transferred to the local USCIS office. Below is the exact message.
Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.
On April 30, 2009, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LOS ANGELES, CA location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LOS ANGELES, CA location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
From what I could find through browsing through various forums is that usually one ends up getting an interview when this happens. Does anybody have any other thoughts? or has anybody received a similar notice recently?
To get an answer just visit this thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=339084#post339084
I received a Transfer notice today for both me and my wife suggesting that our I-485 petitions have been transferred to the local USCIS office. Below is the exact message.
Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.
On April 30, 2009, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LOS ANGELES, CA location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LOS ANGELES, CA location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
From what I could find through browsing through various forums is that usually one ends up getting an interview when this happens. Does anybody have any other thoughts? or has anybody received a similar notice recently?
To get an answer just visit this thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=339084#post339084
dresses Leonzio Hair amp; Beauty
lskreddy
08-31 12:28 PM
Don't pay any attention to this stupid poll. Can you imagine what the poll would look like if it is conducted with-in IV? Something like: 99% yes, 1% No.
more...
makeup Orlagh#39;s Hair and Beauty Salon
green_card_curious
03-08 10:17 AM
This is EXACTLY the confusion. My case is explained below:
1. I am on H1-B - havent used my EAD yet
2. My wife has and is currently using her EAD though
3. We filed I-140 (NIW) and I-485, concurrently for both of us in July 2007.
So what happens to our I-485's and her EAD? My attorney says she should be alright (legally and work eligibility wise) till we appeal and get the final decision. But we are hearing different things at these forums. So really not sure...
Ideas? Suggestions? Examples?
Thanks,
1. I am on H1-B - havent used my EAD yet
2. My wife has and is currently using her EAD though
3. We filed I-140 (NIW) and I-485, concurrently for both of us in July 2007.
So what happens to our I-485's and her EAD? My attorney says she should be alright (legally and work eligibility wise) till we appeal and get the final decision. But we are hearing different things at these forums. So really not sure...
Ideas? Suggestions? Examples?
Thanks,
girlfriend Sell ipl hair removal eauty
need_EAD
05-18 02:56 PM
Nandini Nair's fees are very less and I got my PERM LC (in EB2) & I-140 approved through her without any questions. Real quick response!
She was a weekly columnist for Express Computer on immigration topics.
nnair@nair-law.com
www.nairlaw.com
She was a weekly columnist for Express Computer on immigration topics.
nnair@nair-law.com
www.nairlaw.com
hairstyles Logo for www.fridphoto.com
vin13
01-08 12:30 PM
LostInGCProcess, Since you used AP to enter do you now loose your H1 status? just curious to know.
I read in other blogs that your status would be AOS if you enter using AP and not H1-B. If you need to retain H1-b then your I-94 needs to be stamped as that at the port of entry.
Any comments......
I read in other blogs that your status would be AOS if you enter using AP and not H1-B. If you need to retain H1-b then your I-94 needs to be stamped as that at the port of entry.
Any comments......
amohale
03-12 07:52 PM
Anyone, please respond to my questions below.......... it will be a great help......
Munna Bhai
07-12 07:51 AM
Hello,
Myself and my spouse are on H1b. I am on H1b(industry) and my Spouse H1b is through non-profit.
Please let us know how best we can be a backup for each other in case of any unavoidable circumstances.
a)If I get laid-off or fired, can I jump to H4 and then come back to H1b without being subjected to cap?
b)What are the other backup plans we can have.
thanks for your time.
-M
Myself and my spouse are on H1b. I am on H1b(industry) and my Spouse H1b is through non-profit.
Please let us know how best we can be a backup for each other in case of any unavoidable circumstances.
a)If I get laid-off or fired, can I jump to H4 and then come back to H1b without being subjected to cap?
b)What are the other backup plans we can have.
thanks for your time.
-M